Wednesday 13 January 2010

Some finished projects

I should post here some of my finished projects. I started knitting when I was very little. My granmother was a knitter, crocheter, seamtress and taylor (she lived from that). She taught me as soon as I showed an interest. I used to knit my jumpers as a teenager. Today it seems to be different (or may be because I am in a different country/culture?), but in those days (we are talking early 80's), if you wanted to have a nice jumper to wear, you had to knit it yourself. Or may be that was the way it was in my family! I also learnt to crochet. My crocheting was mostly supported by the teaching of a different 'granny', my godmother's mum. I remember random knittings along my life: a blue jumper when I was 16, a little jumper for a puppy I had when I was 20 (I remember alternating knitting and excercises while I was preparing for an exam -I studied Physics-), a cardigan and a jumper for my baby son...wait! I have pictures of that! :)


This is me knitting a pink and lilac cardigan...which was left unfinished when our doctor said: 'Did I said to you it was a girl? Gee, I was wrong!'.



This is the little jumper. I had forgotten about the booties, now I remember! Eventually I will get enough time to do a scrapbook...when the children leave home!

Lucas taken by suprise wearing the cardigan I knitted for him...


Ok, I got you, you are taking a picture of me!

I took up crochet/knitting back again a couple of years ago, again to do stuff for the children. I knitted a lovely little baby doll for Emilia (from a knitting magazine, when I have more time I might add some pics and references), a pirate doll for Lucas, a Snake for Lucas:

and I crocheted some clothes for Emilia's baby doll (the green version is still unfinished. I am thinking about decorating it with little flowers or something):
The pattern for this 'Crochet Baby Dress - Solomon's Knot' and hat were scaled from patterns by Teresa Richardson which you can find in her very, very helpful blog (it is worth a visit!). Most patterns and tutorials come with videos, which are clear and straightforward. Below you can see the same dress and hat in grass green...




And finally, a project that I enjoyed enormously, my first lace knit:

The pattern is from the Lilac leaf Shawl designed by Nancy Bush, which appears in her book 'Knitted Lace of Estonia'. I used Rowan Kidsilk Haze, and it worked really well. Soon I will start my second lace project, the Peacock tail and leaf Scarf. For the moment, I am focusing on my first pair of socks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment